Six Sigma Project Team
Six Sigma team formation typically consists of stakeholders, executives, champions, and team members (yellow belts) who are led by a green belt or black belt. Project level membership may include master black belts, black belts, green belts, or yellow belts who help in management of the improvement initiative. Team members are obtained throughout the organization for expertise and technical guidance.
- Executives provide the strategic alignment within the organization for initiatives and Six Sigma projects.
- Champions guide the team through organizational support and resources, removing roadblocks.
- Master black belts train black and greenbelts and manage the strategic direction of the Six Sigma program.
- Black belts lead problem-solving Six Sigma teams.
- Green belts assist with data collection and analysis for black belt projects.
- Yellow belts review overall activities and participate as project team members.
This chart provides an “at a glance” overview of the different positions and their roles in a project.